September 11, 2015 In Marketing & PR
13 Best Quotes From The Content Code
The Content Code, a social media marketing book penned by expert Mark Schaefer. As I’ve been reading it, I’ve highlighted and marked up the text. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Chapters 1-4.
- Creating great content is not the finish line. It’s the starting line.
- Back then, the seemingly astonishing ability to access a single piece of digital content was a thrill. We were starved for content and stared with wonder at anything we could obtain through this new electronic conduit.
- There is just too much content and too precious little time for people to consume it.
- You need to be clear-eyed and rational, developing your strategies based on what is, not what you wish things to be.
- But epic content simply earns a seat at the table today. The real power only comes to those who can create content that connects, engages, and moves through the network through social sharing.
- …brand power isn’t coming through content. It’s coming from content transmitted by our trusted friends.
- By putting the emphasis on exposing your content instead of simply producing more more more, you create a powerful new marketing competency in the information era.
- Liking lightly bonds us with other likers of that thing. But when we share, we’re virtually shouting, “I’m in this club and I want to show the world!”
- The decision to share content is often a sign of a relationship.
- Business relationships are built on trust. …The social web is an incredible gift to business everywhere.
- Stop writing sucky headlines.
- Hashtags are arguably the most important innovation in the history of social media.